This discovery guide gives an overview on how to prepare, send, and update your data, along with guidance on how to automate data loading and data environments.
A data environment in OpenDataDSL is an independent environment where everything you create and save into the cloud is stored.
When you first sign up to OpenDataDSL, you are given a single
production environment, but you can easily create other environments for testing, development or even short-term experimentation.
Create Your Data Model
All the data that is stored in OpenDataDSL is dynamic but we impose a pseudo-structure using Types. Types allow you to define the properties that you expect to be available on a specific object and is completely customisable and extensible.
OpenDataDSL data links allow you to create relationships between any data in the system which improves navigation and the overall user experience.In-Depth Information
The OpenDataDSL language has been written to simplify the entire ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) process.
Here are a few of the built-in ETL features:
- Support for all the major file formats
- Pull in most data from the internet with 1 line of code
- For more complex extractions, create an extractor to automate web page navigation
- Create a transformer to map input data to output objects
- Use an optional XSLT to transform XML data
- Use the ODSL language for more complex transformations
- Add all your objects to a batch as a secure, robust, transactional loading process
- Create a workflow that breaks the ETL process down into phases with managed retries and re-schedules
- Create a time-triggered process for automation and monitoring